- Demonstrate proficiency in Bible knowledge with a passing score on the written comprehensive examination in the area of Bible knowledge or required coursework (BIBL 100 and BIBL 110) in Bible and theology.
- Pass a total of 60 quarter hours: 8 quarter hours of MA Journalism Core; 16 quarter hours of Specialization; 16 quarter hours of Journalism Electives; 12 quarter hours of Capstone Project; and 8 quarter hours of Ministry Practice.
- Maintain a 3.00 (B grade point average) in all Olivet University work.
- Complete all degree requirements within the 5-year time limit unless extenuating circumstances exist.
- Students are subject to the Master's in Journalism degree requirements of the Catalog of the year in which they entered.
- Satisfy all financial responsibilities to the university.
The Master's in Journalism degree is normally fulfilled by two years of study. Except under extenuating circumstances, all requirements for the degree must be completed within five years of the date of enrollment. Students who have not completed the requirements within the five-year period must apply to the Registrar's Office for an enrollment extension every term, up to a maximum of seven years from the date of enrollment.